How to Restore a Server Database Backup
In some cases you may experience that the Smartlaunch Server database becomes corrupt.
This usually happens if the server computer is closed unexpectedly, while Smartlaunch is accessing the database.
For instance this could happen if the server suddenly lost power.
To ensure that the server database is in fact corrupt, you should first follow the guide below, to see if there are easier solutions to your problem: Server settings appears to be lost, or database not working
Restore Smartlaunch Database Backup
Smartlaunch frequently makes copies of the database to prevent you from loosing any of your vital data.
This is done by making copies of the following file: \Smartlaunch\Server\Data\DB\smartlaunch.mdb
In the same folder, you will find a “Backup” folder.
To restore a backup, simply do the following:
- Close the Smartlaunch Server
- Now, rename the original (corrupted) database from “Smartlaunch.mdb”, to e.g. “Smartlaunch_not_working.mdb”
- Look in the Backup folder, and find the Smartlaunchxxx.mdb file, which has the latest modified date time stamp (to make sure you get the most recent working database)
- Copy this folder from the Backup folder, into the parent “DB” folder
- Finally rename the file you copied from the backup folder to “Smartlaunch.mdb”
- Start the server again
You have now successfully restored the database.
In very rare cases, you will find that the latest backup database is also corrupt. If this is the case, then try to follow the exact same steps as above, but use the next-most recently modified database.
If you continue to experience problems, please contact us by submitting a ticket here in our support system, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.