The 10 most awarded eSports games of 2018Posted on: Dec 28, 2018 By smartlaunch in News and trends,
In 2018, the year’s top 10 games awarded more than USD 130 million in total prizing. The three largest established esports all awarded more money than in the previous years, but a couple of surging battle royale titles managed to sneak into the year’s top five esports games ranked by total prize pool, based on data collected by Esports Earnings.
Here are 2018’s biggest esports games, ranked in order of highest total prize pool from all events tracked by Esports Earnings:
1. Dota 2: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 41,26 million
2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 22,47 million
3. Fortnite: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 19,96 million
4. League of Legends: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 14,12 million
5. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 6,73 million
6. Overwatch: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 6,7 million
7. Heroes of the Storm: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 6,52 million
8. Hearthstone: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 4,95 million
9. StarCraft II: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 4,53 million
10. Call of Duty: WWII: 2018 Prize Pool: USD 4,17 million
South African team Bravado won Dreamhack Mumbai 2018. This event was the first tournament for Dreamh..
As announced by The Esports Observer, HIVE Berlin will take place on April 11, 2019, and will take a..
Online racing simulation service iRacing is partnering with German automobile manufacturer Porsche f..